What Should You Look for When Deciding on the Best Restaurant Franchise to Own?
If you’re an experienced investor looking to grow your portfolio with a quick service restaurant (QSR) brand, there’s a lot to consider. You’ll want to make sure you align with a name that’s recognized and respected, and that can offer you the time-tested business model you’ll need to succeed. The best restaurant franchises to own, like Church’s Texas Chicken®, offer that and a whole lot more.
In this blog, we’ll look at some of the questions you should ask a franchisor before making a final decision on which brand to invest in because not all franchise opportunities are created equal. Some are simply better than others, and doing your research will help you narrow down your choice to the very best one.
What Does the Industry Look Like?
Deciding to start a business can be an exciting and emotional process, but it’s important to try and remain objective, too. You don’t want to sink your hard-earned resources into a business that’s part of a stagnant industry. The good news is one of the best American franchise restaurants to own — a Church’s Texas Chicken® restaurant — sits in a thriving market (1), one that shows little sign of slowing down. In fact, the demand for our wholesome southern-style fried chicken, our mouthwatering sides, and our light and flaky buttermilk biscuits has never been better as more and more people discover the delicious goodness of our time-tested recipes. Joining the Church’s Texas Chicken® family means you’ll be part of a brand that is well-positioned to not only thrive in our robust industry but help define it.
Where Does the Brand Sit in That Industry?
Put simply, the Church’s Texas Chicken® brand name is a highly recognized and beloved one that has been satisfying consumers of all ages for over 70 years — which means when you become part of our brand family by investing in one of the best restaurant franchise opportunities available, you derive the immediate benefits of a brand with roots. Thousands of families across the country have been enjoying our menu of slow-roasted and crispy fried chicken, southern and mouthwatering sides, and extras, so much so that the Church’s Texas Chicken® name has become synonymous with old-fashioned goodness. People trust us to deliver delicious meals every time, and that kind of brand loyalty can make it far easier for you to establish your restaurant quickly and profitably.
Does the Business Model Offer Multiple Revenue Streams?
Most consumers want convenience, and this is especially true of the QSR guest. That’s why it’s important to align with a brand whose business model epitomizes that. Now more than ever, Americans lead busy lives, and the pandemic has prioritized convenient off-site dining options. Statistics (2) support this fact…
- The typical consumer orders delivery 4.5 times a month
- 57% of consumers prefer take-out or delivery over dine-in
- 34% of consumers spend at least $50 (3) when ordering food online
In fact, 20% of consumers say they spend more on off-premise orders (4) compared to a dine-in experience, and digital ordering and delivery have grown 300% faster (5) than dine-in traffic since 2014, with the fast-food and fas- casual markets being the most popular for off-site dining.
Smart and nimble QSR brands, like Church’s Texas Chicken®, have paid close attention to these trends and have made sure to adjust their business models accordingly. You’ll be able to offer those guests who prefer an off-site dining experience three convenient ways to enjoy our menu…
- Mobile app: the Church’s Texas Chicken® mobile app allows your customers to order ahead of time and get exclusive offers.
- Online: Our online ordering option allows customers to either pick up food themselves or have it delivered straight to their door via partners like Grubhub and DoorDash.
- Drive-thru: we offer franchisees a drive-thru option for their restaurant footprint that can really add to their bottom line.
We’ve always believed in making it easy for our guests to enjoy our fresh and affordable menu items, but understand that now more than ever, it’s important to offer them lots of choices that translate into streams of revenue for our franchise partners.
What Support Can I Expect?
A key component of the franchise business model is training and support; in fact, it’s such an important aspect of the model that it helps to define the difference between becoming a franchisee and starting your small business from scratch. But here again, there are vast differences between franchise opportunities. Not all franchisor training and support is as comprehensive as ours. The Church’s Texas Chicken® difference includes:
- Real estate and site selection assistance
- Grand opening support
- A list of approved vendors with proven track records
- Access to expert marketing materials and programs
- Our continued research and development
- And much, much more
We believe it’s vital that all our franchisees receive comprehensive training and support, not just because they deserve it, but because the continued success of our brand depends on it.
Church’s Texas Chicken® is one of the best restaurant franchises to own, and we couldn’t be more proud of everything our brand has to offer. To find out more, get in touch today.
- Market Research Future; Exploring Benefits, Strategies, and Challenges of Multi-Unit Restaurant Growth; February, 2021
- US Foods; The Diner Dispatch: 2023 American Dining Habits; 2023
- Statista; December, 2019
- Restaurant Business; The Stats Are In: Consumers Are Upping Restaurant Delivery; April, 2018
- Nation’s Restaurant News; Restaurant Takeout and Delivery Are Taking a Bite Out of Dine-In Traffic; June, 2016